Picked up from Spynotes. Tag yourself if interested.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? All I know about my name is that, after my dad came up with Virgil Ralph for my brother (Virgil = dad’s cousin, Ralph = dad’s first name), my mother (who wanted Dwight David) said she would get to name me and did.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? When was the last time I didn’t? My tears are internal.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? I wish it were more regular so that it looked neat and more like a font, but I don’t have strong feelings about it.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? I don’t often eat lunch meat, but have been eating a lot of tuna salad, heirloom tomato, and goat cheese with lemon zest on wheat bread for lunch.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Nay.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Probably, until I drove myself crazy with moodiness. But I would make myself laugh, so maybe that balances it out.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Sarcasm hides a lot of sins.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes, and they are still enormous. And full of tonsil stones.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? There are things I’d rather do.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Kamut.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically, it would depend on who you’re comparing me to. Emotionally, probably. Lots of exercise.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Ben and Jerry’s cookie dough.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Who they remind me of.
15. RED OR PINK? Neither.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I try not to dwell on that.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My family and family life.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Oh, why not?
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? I’m barefoot, but was wearing black walking shoes in the sleet.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Bread and butter pickles.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Silence and occasional running water from upstairs.
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Midnight blue.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? Fresh bread, coffee.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? J.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Sure.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Equestrian events, as long as no one gets hurt.
27. HAIR COLOR? Light brown-red with a smattering of gray and white.
28. EYE COLOR? Grey-green-hazel. Or something like that. My hair and eye colors have never been well defined.
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Not anymore.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Babaganooj, if made right.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? A scary movie with a happy ending, e.g., Gaslight.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? I started to watch Holiday Inn and have 20 minutes left to go.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? A mauve shirt that J. gave me yesterday.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, although not in Chicago. My favorite seasons are spring and fall.
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Doesn’t that depend?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Devil’s food cake.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Don’t know.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Errol Flynn.
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Benjamin Franklin: An American Life by Walter Isaacson.
The New Penguin History of the World (Fifth Edition) by J. M. Roberts.
Who Murdered Chaucer?: A Medieval Mystery by Terry Jones, Robert Yeager, Alan Fletcher, Juliette Dor, and Terry Dolan.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don’t use one, but I have a lot of them somewhere around here.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Antiques Roadshow.
42. FAVORITE SOUND? Certain voices.
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Both.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? San Francisco, California.
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I wish.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? In a hospital.
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Any.