I’m thankful for my:
- wonderful parents, even if I didn’t appreciate them at the time. The older I get and the more I see, the more I appreciate them.
- brother and his family. We complement each other well.
- extended family. They help me keep much in perspective.
- inspirations and everyone who has taught me something, from teachers and professors to family and friends, even some non-friends.
- job. It’s not ideal, but it fuels most of my habits, like shelter, food, and books.
- shelter. Moving has brought me to life, and I need to keep up that momentum.
- health. I have my problems, some typical, some a little unusual, but none very serious.
- freedom. Love it and guard it for few have so much, and it’s so easily compromised.
- books and poetry. As the song says, they protect me.
Happy Thanksgiving. May we gain more in all things than we lose.